Youtube Link (live stream): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXg9xmYA1D4
- working on my Oregon Trail adventure videos – I have a review of some Lasfit floor mats to do – My steering stabilizer bolt came out.
- Bought a fuel pressure test kit, and discovered, that the LJ is suffering from low fuel pressure. Ordered a fuel pump
Off-road vehicle maintenance
- If you drove to the trail, check these things before driving on the road
- Completely inspect the underbody of your Jeep.
- Check the tires, body structure, steering, suspension, and exhaust system for damage. (my tailpipe got smushed)
- Inspect the radiator for mud and debris and clean as required.
- Check threaded fasteners for looseness, particularly on the chassis, drive-train components, steering, and suspension. Re-tighten them if required.
- Check for accumulations of plants or brush. These things could be a fire hazard. They might hide damage to fuel lines, brake hoses, axle pinion seals, and propeller shafts.
- After extended operation in mud, sad water or similar dirty conditions have the radiator, fan, brake rotors, wheels, brake linings, and axle yokes inspected and cleaned as soon as possible.
- If you experience unusual vibration after driving in the mud, slush, or similar conditions, check the wheels for impacted material. Impacted material can cause a wheel imbalance. (My last trip my wheels were full of clay/mud. When we stopped I cleaned them out them before it got too bad or the mud dried)
- After your rig is back at home
- Grease things like joints and bearings, especially if you were in water
- Rinse mud off of the body and undercarriage
- Pay close attention to places where mud and dirt can accumulate.
- Clean your engine bay
- Check your differential for contamination, fluid level, and flecks of metal
- Check your transmission fluid for the same
- Inspect your air filter, blow out dust
We’re now on Facebook!
GET READY FOR CHANGE!!! Whether you like it or not!
Jeep Parent Company Won’t Ship Gas-Powered Cars to 14 States – WHAT IS THE FALLOUT?
Because who doesnt love video games:
Jeep Recognized as America’s Most Patriot Brand
Jeep plans to install EV charging stations at US off-road trailheads over the next year
Topic: Off-road recovery gear you should have – Will you really use it?
If you want to watch us live, visit the Off-road insiders on Youtube
Don’t forget to like the video, and subscribe!
If you’d like to listen to us audio only, find is where you find podcasts
You can find Tammy at: www.JeepMomma.com
And you can find Nate at: www.swbcrawler.com